Who doesn’t love a great pancake? They are light, delicious and fluffy and usually with ingredients we have already in our pantry (win-win, right)! Hands down this is the BEST blueberry pancake recipe EVER! Not only is it full of delicious blueberries, it is supple and easy to whip in the morning and they a perfect reheat and go for breakfast on-the-go when you are in a hurry! Curious how to make this delicious recipe? Keep reading below…
I don’t know about you but we LOVE breakfast around here at my house. Whether it is a for a lazy Sunday morning, and Saturday lunch brunch vibe or just sometimes breakfast for dinner – pancakes tend to me one of my families favorites and these blueberry pancakes are a MUST in our household! Curious WHY you need to try this Blueberry Pancake recipe? Here is why:
- Pretty much all pantry staples are what you need to whip up this homemade classic dish!
- Literally this recipe makes the best, light and fluffy pancakes ever!
- Juicy blueberries just give a burst of flavor in your mouth with every bite. Blueberries not your thing? You can also do bananas, strawberries, raspberries, or leave them without fruit in them. Trust me this recipe is super versatile!
HOW CAN YOU TELL A PANCAKE IS READY?
- One thing I often get asked is HOW do you know a pancake is ready to flip? Super simple – after you spoon or ladle out the batter in your pan, the edges should start to bubble and brown while they rise. Once this occurs once the pancake is EASILY lifted off the pan – then it is time to flip the pancake.
- All you have to do is flip the pancake and let the other side cook evenly until golden brown and you will literally have the perfect pancake every single time!
The Best Blueberry Pancakes EVER!
- 1 cup All-Purpose Flour
- 2 tbsp Granulated Sugar
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1 cup Buttermilk
- 1 large Egg
- 2 tbsp Melted Butter
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup Fresh Blueberries
- Maple Syrup for serving
- Butter or Oil for cooking
**Prepare the Dry Ingredients:**
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
**Combine Wet Ingredients:**
- In another bowl, beat the egg and then add the buttermilk, melted butter, and vanilla extract. Mix well.
**Combine Wet and Dry Ingredients:**
- Pour the wet mixture into the dry ingredients and gently stir until just combined. Don't overmix; it's okay if there are a few lumps.
- Gently fold in the fresh blueberries into the pancake batter.
**Preheat the Griddle or Pan:**
- Heat a griddle or a large non-stick skillet over medium heat. Add a small amount of butter or oil to prevent sticking.
**Cook the Pancakes:**
- Pour about 1/4 cup of the pancake batter onto the hot griddle for each pancake. Use the back of a spoon to spread the batter into a circle if needed.
**Cook until Bubbles Form:**
- Cook the pancakes until you see bubbles forming on the surface, and the edges start to look set, usually about 2-3 minutes.
**Flip and Cook the Other Side:**
- Carefully flip each pancake with a spatula and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes, or until they are golden brown on both sides and cooked through.
- Transfer the cooked pancakes to a plate and keep them warm in a low-temperature oven if needed.
**Serve with Maple Syrup:**
- Serve the blueberry pancakes hot with a drizzle of maple syrup and any additional toppings you like, such as more fresh blueberries or a dollop of whipped cream.
Curious how to freeze pancakes for later?
Start by flash freezing pancakes on a piece of parchment paper on a baking sheet in the freeze for about 45 minutes to hour.
Remove them from the sheet pan and place in a freezer safe container (I like the put a piece of parchment paper between each pancake to help them not stick).
Doing it this way they can be frozen for up to 2-2.5 months.
When you are ready to eat- you will just pull them out and either throw in microwave for about 20-30 seconds OR bake in the oven for about 8-10 minutes at 350 degrees.
You can also use a toaster oven or toaster for this to warm them up – please note it will give them a bit more a crispy on the outside though!
So there you have it, the best blueberry pancake recipe EVER! Be sure to let me know if you make this family friendly dish and let me know in the comments a few of your favorite things to serve or jazz up your blueberry pancakes for your liking!