If you love a deliciously savory yet rich and slightly sweet salad- this recipe is for you! This Blackberry Balsamic Salad with Fried Goat Cheese Balls recipe is absolutely amazing. It features a delicious blackberry balsamic vinaigrette that can also double as a dressing, sweet delicious blackberries, avocado, crisp spring greens and amazingly delicious, creamy and crispy fried goat cheese balls. Keep reading to see how to make this amazing recipe for your fall festivities this year!
ITEMS USED IN THIS DELICIOUS BLACKBERRY BALSAMIC SALAD
THE MOST DELICIOUS BLACKBERRY BALSAMIC SALAD WITH FRIED GOAT CHEESE BALLS
- 6 cups mixed salad greens
- 1 cup fresh blackberries
- 2 logs goat cheese
- 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup olive oil for frying goat cheese
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp honey
- salt and pepper at your choice for taste
- In a small bowl, whisk together the balsamic vinegar and honey.
- Set aside.
- Take each blackberry and gently rinse them under cold water.
- Pat them dry using a paper towel and set aside.
- In separate bowls, place the flour, beaten eggs, and panko breadcrumbs.
- Slice goat cheese 1/-1/2 rounds.
- Take the sliced goat cheese and roll it in the flour, making sure it is fully coated.
- Then dip it in the beaten eggs, allowing any excess to drip off.
- Finally, roll the cheese in the panko breadcrumbs, pressing lightly to ensure an even coating.
- Repeat with the remaining goat cheese pieces.
- Heat the olive oil in a frying pan over medium heat.
- Once the oil is hot, add the coated goat cheese rounds and fry for about 1-2 minutes on each side, or until golden brown and crispy.
- Remove the fried goat cheese from the pan and transfer them to a plate lined with paper towels to drain any excess oil.
- In a large salad bowl, combine the mixed salad greens and blackberries.
- Drizzle the balsamic vinegar and honey mixture over the salad and toss gently to coat.
- Divide the salad onto individual plates or bowls and top each serving with a few pieces of fried goat cheese.
- Season the salad with salt and pepper to taste.
- Please NOTE: **You can also drizzle some additional balsamic vinegar over the top if desired.**
- Serve and Enjoy!
A FEW SUBSTITUTION IDEAS
- ADD SOME NUTS: Need a little crunch? You can always add walnuts, sweet pecans, slivered almonds, pistachios or toasted pine nuts – or get festive and add a mix of nuts!
- NOT SURE ABOUT BLACKBERRIES: Instead of blackberries, try strawberries, raspberries or blueberries or maybe go crazy and try fresh cherries or even pomegrantes.
- NEED A LITTLE PROTEIN: This salad would be delicious with grilled chicken breast, crispy or grilled shrimp, crispy bacon or prosciutto or even thinly sliced steak.
- NEED TO MAKE IT GLUTEN FREE: To make GF, substitute GF flour and Panko instead of breadcrumbs.
EASY PREP AHEAD + DAY OF TIPS
- Make the blackberry balsamic dressing the day ahead
- If added meat- Grill your protein choice the night before or in the morning, and slice thin when ready to assemble.
- Make sure to make the fried goat cheese balls last and enjoy them while they are fresh and hot.
So there you have it the perfect way to make delicious and festive Blackberry Balsamic Salad with Fried Goat Cheese Balls! I promise you this salad will be the hit at any future gathering and worth every single bite.