Looking for the perfect dessert recipe this holiday season? These delicious mini chocolate tarts are pure perfection as they are rich, easy, creamy and oh so perfect for any holiday gathering this year. Every bite is smooth and delicious as its dreamy chocolate flavor will have your guests wanting this recipe ASAP! Keep reading to see how to make these delicious mini chocolate tarts with a fresh fruit topping.
KEY INGREDIENTS YOU WILL NEED
- Crushed Cookie Crumbles (I like to use Oreos minus the filling)
- Heavy Whipping Cream
- Semi-Sweet Chocolate (I love to use Ghirardelli Semi-Sweet Baking Chocolate)
- Unsalted Butter
- Vanilla Extract
- Fresh Fruit (I like to use blueberries, strawberries, raspberries and kiwi)
The ingredients are super easy to find at your local grocery store. I LOVE that you can prepare ahead of time for guest at holiday parties, Christmas gatherings and so many more things this holiday season. There is very minimal prep and bake time, and they are such a show-stopping dessert that everyone will love.
Why You Will Love this recipe
Chocolate tarts are known for their rich, indulgent flavor. The combination of a buttery crust and a velvety chocolate filling creates a luxurious and decadent dessert that is sure to satisfy any sweet tooth.
YOU CAN MAKE AHEAD
You can prepare the tart a day in advance and refrigerate it until you’re ready to serve. This recipe is perfect for planning a holiday meal or entertaining guests.
Chocolate tarts pair well with various accompaniments, such as fresh berries, whipped cream, or a scoop of vanilla ice cream. The versatility of chocolate allows you to get creative with complementary flavors, adding another layer of enjoyment to the dessert.
Tips & Tricks For The Perfect Mini Chocolate Tart
- If you don’t have a food processor to chop the cookies, you can always do it old school and toss cookies in a sealed plastic bag and break up with a rolling pin or tenderizer (gently).
- The smaller the chocolate pieces you create the faster and easier it will melt.
- When garnishing with fruit – remove any excess moisture prior to garnishing the fruit tarts.
Tips To Make Mini Chocolate Tarts Ahead Of Time
Chop the Chocolate In Advance: You can easily save on prep time by chopping or breaking up the baking chocolate bars/pieces into smaller pieces.
Prep or Bake the Crust In Advance: The crust really only needs about 5-7 minutes baking time, so one thing I like to do ahead of time is prep the crust tins and allow the crust to be ready to grab and put in the over for the time needed. Or you can fully bake them completely bake and cool them the night before using them.
Put The Filling In The Fridge: Since the filling takes about 2 hours to set at room temperature. If you want you can speed up the process a bit and set it in the fridge for about 1 hour to help speed things up in time for guest arrival.
Making Tart Completely Ahead of Time? Put in fridge overnight the day before your gathering. Tarts will keep well up to 4 days as long as they are covered!
These mini chocolate tarts are a delicious treat this holiday season. I love that they are decadent while being super versatile to satisfy any sweet tooth. They pair amazing with J.Lohr Carol’s Vineyard 2021 Cabernet Sauvignon. The rich black cherry and hazelnut aromas paired with the spice notes of cocoa and nutmeg- really enrich the taste of this mini chocolate tart effortlessly. Highly recommend this pairing for any holiday gathering! This wine also pairs beautifully with things like Beef Wellington, Mushroom and Brie Crostini and Brie with Balsamic Caramelized Onions.
Mini Chocolate Tarts with Fruit Topping
- 1 1/2 cup Crushed Chocolate Cookies I use Oreo crumbs (minus filling)
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter melted
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 8 oz semi-sweet chocolate finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- fresh berries (strawberries, raspberries, blueberries)
- fresh kiwi thinly sliced
- fresh mint leaves for garnish
- **Preheat Oven and Prepare Tins:** Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C). Lightly grease a mini tart tin or use individual mini tart pans.
- In a bowl, mix the crushed chocolate cookies with melted butter until well combined. Press the mixture into the bottom and up the sides of each tart tin to form a crust. Bake for 5-7 minutes. Allow to cool completely.
- Heat the heavy cream in a saucepan over medium heat until it just begins to simmer. Remove from heat and add the chopped chocolate, vanilla extract, and salt. Let sit for a minute, then stir until the chocolate is completely melted and the mixture is smooth.
- Pour the chocolate filling into the cooled crusts. Refrigerate the tarts for at least 2 hours or until the filling is set.
- Once set, arrange fresh berries and sliced kiwi on top of each tart. Add a mint leaf for a decorative and flavorful touch.
- Let the tarts sit at room temperature for a few minutes before serving for the best flavor and texture.
So there you have it, the perfectly decedent chocolate mini tart that you need to try this holiday season! If you make this delicious dessert this year be sure to tag me over on instagram! Happy holiday season!