Who doesn’t love a great girls night out? Sometimes having a drink and a great meal with friends (or I like to call it a friend date) is all you need to fill your cup! One of the things that I love about living in Atlanta is that we seriously have so many AMAZING restaurants to choose from. From girls night out to date night out – there are some solid hidden gems to choose from. One of the best hidden gems is the Livingston! Keep reading to see why you need to check this amazing place out ASAP!
Located across the street from the FOX theater in the Georgian Terrace Hotel, The Livingston Restaurant & Bar is absolutely stunning. From their fresh, innovative American cuisine- the Livingston provides an experience that screams luxury. Classic architecture and glamour showcasing an early 20th century Atlanta , mixed with sleek modern decor the Livingston takes you through a dining experience with savory foods that are a fusion of flavors, textures and more.
OUR MENU AT THE LIVINGSTON restaurant & BAR
- Poached Bartlett Pear Sala (without goat cheese) -wild greens, watermelon radish, goat cheese croquettes, avocado lime vinaigrette
- Sustainable Sea Bass– edamame, jicama, wild greens, grilled asparagus, herbed leek purée
- Spring Pea Ravioli – chévre, morel mushrooms, parmigiano foam
- Braised Fingerling Potatoes
- PEI Mussels– saffron cream, sourdough
- Grilled Asparagus- topped with crema and gremolata
FUN FACT ABOUT THE LIVINGSTON RESTAURANT & BAR // GEORGIAN TERRACE
The Livingston Restaurant & Bar has some solid history when it comes to Atlanta.
- The premiere of Gone with the Wind was in Atlanta in 1939. All of the stars and the Director of the movie (with the exception of Vivien Leigh and her lover at the time, Laurence Olivier) stayed at the Georgian Terrace. The pre-premiere party was held at the hotel!
- Walt Disney stayed at the hotel when his movie Song of the South premiered at the FOX theatre.
- Atlanta mayor, Livingston Mims, who originally had built his house on this corner of Peachtree in 1879. A lover of food and wine, Mims was a generous host, and he extended that generosity passionately for the good of his city. In honor of Livingston Mills, the hotel stands where his home once was- making it an iconic spot to see in Atlanta.
Everything with the Livingston Restaurant & Bar is phenomenal. From making reservations HERE to the amazing service all the way to the phenomenal food and cocktails – literally everything about it is just a luxury experience. One perfect perk? If you are attending a show at the FOX Theater – the Livingston is located across the street – they even open early on show days and have the perfect Pre-Theatre menu available! Just a heads up on show days it can be SUPER crowded, so be sure to make a reservation! You can make a reservation HERE!
Have you been to the Iconic Livingston Restaurant & Bar? If so what did you think? What was your favorite cocktail or entree? Let me know in the comments below…