The “secret” will be out on Wednesday, July 11, when Brookhaven gets a taste of one of Alpharetta’s most beloved restaurants. Chef Boyd A. Rose and managing partner Paulo Junior are opening their second location of Secreto Southern Kitchen & Bar at 3575 Durden Drive in Brookleigh Marketplace. Those who live, work and play in Brookhaven can stop by Secreto for lunch weekdays, dinner nightly and brunch on Sunday.
Rose’s Southern upbringing and the recipes his mother and grandmother made throughout his childhood inspire him to create soul-satisfying meals for his guests. Secreto’s menu highlights his passion for farm-fresh ingredients and includes the following:
- Crab bisque with lump crabmeat, golden sherry, basil oil and grilled ciabatta crostini
- Southern fried chicken with buttermilk mash, garlic green beans and smoked bacon jalapeño gravy
- Pan seared diver scallops with lemon garlic shrimp and asparagus risotto and red wine honey syrup
- Grilled apple brined pork chop with grilled asparagus, smoked bacon jalapeño white cheddar mac and dried cherry port wine pork jus
- Secreto corned beef hash with sunny side up farm fresh egg and redeye gravy
Accompanying the menu of Southern staples is a wine list heavy on selections from small producers in California and Oregon alongside a mixture of French, Spanish and Italian varietals. A variety of fine spirits, liquors and cordials are also available, as well as a rotating selection of new and classic cocktails like Secreto’s popular Southern Passion.
The comfort guests receive from Rose’s meals is magnified by the welcoming nature of Junior and general manager Stephen Elder, who lead the front-of-house team in providing a dining experience that exudes warmth. Secreto’s chic and inviting environs, which seats 86 guests indoors and an additional 50 outdoors, features dark leather, reclaimed wood paneling and a private dining room that seats 22 people.
Secreto Southern Kitchen & Bar in Brookhaven is located at 3575 Durden Drive NE in Brookleigh Marketplace. The restaurant is open for weekday lunch, nightly dinner and Sundaybrunch. Secreto in Alpharetta is located at 6195 Windward Pkwy and serves dinner Monday through Saturday and weekday lunch. For more information, call 470-395-8989 or visit . For additional updates, follow the restaurant on and .