I was thrilled when my favorite Southern belle, Cynthia, agreed to dine with me. She and I met about four years ago, and she has become one of my favorite people. She’s a straight shooter, which means that she keeps it real. She also has a heart of gold, and she is sweet as sweet tea. I adore her impeccable style. I call her the walking billboard for J.Crew. Read about our dining experience below:
Name: Cynthia Hoyt
Bio: Adopted Southerner who’s exploring Southern heritage through food, fashion and travel.
Occupation: Compensation Analyst
ATL hood: Midtown
Where we dined: 5Church
First time dining at the restaurant: June of 2016
Favorite item on the menu and why: They have amazing brunch. Their take on Eggs Benedict is incredibly delicious and the yolks were perfectly cooked!
- Starbucks or Dunkin’ Donuts? Something local- Rev Coffee is delicious!
- Coca-Cola or Pepsi? Coke!
- Wine or champagne? Veuve
- Guilty pleasure? Fresh stove cooked popcorn dripping in salted Kerry Gold Butter and curry salt!
- Reservations or recipes? Depends on my mood! Date night- reservations. Date night- recipes (he cooks!)
- Your go-to recipe to create for a party? I don’t have a go to- but I love making Quiche Lorraine for crowds!
- What would be your last meal? The Short Rib from Superica! Or the foie gras from Staplehouse. Can I have both?
- Favorite Food? Hamburgers!
- Least favorite food? Canned sardines have to be the worst thing on the planet.
- Go to cocktail? Gin and Tonic!
- Do you eat leftovers? Not typically.
- Favorite Atlanta Restaurant? UGH this is tough… probably Murphys!
- Favorite Restaurant Nationally? Hands down Zero George Street in Charleston. My mouth waters everytime I think of dinner there.
- Best Atlanta Ice Cream? Jeni’s Goat Cheese and Cherry is the. best. ice. cream. ever. Seriously.
- If you could dine with anyone dead or alive who would you dine with? Hmmmm… that’s tough! Maybe John Mayer? Secretly I really just want him to play me a song, I don’t care if we dine together. Or Jackie Kennedy, what a stylish woman, we could all learn a little bit about grace from her!
Make sure to follow Cynthia on social media:
Facebook: Darling Down South
Twitter: Darling Down South