Happy birthday to me! My birthday was yesterday! But I have been vacationing in Vieques, PR (my trip recap will be on the blog soon). As I am celebrating another birthday, and I couldn’t be in a happier place. I have a great fiancé who is one of the best humans I have ever come across. I have friends who love me. My business is doing great. I just lost another 10 pounds. My skin and I have been on the same page lately. And overall, I like who I am as a person. I am completely in love with myself, and I couldn’t be happier and more proud of the woman that I am becoming.
There are a few things that have gotten me through life and has shaped me as a person. I take pride in living my life by my rules and removing anyone and anything that is negative. Below are a few life lessons I have learned throughout the years.
- Don’t stress about men. They always call.
- How you start out is how you end up.
- When you have your own money you date differently.
- You are not going to find your soul mate on the couch watching Netflix. Throw on some red lipstick, a little black dress, some heels, and go mingle!
- In order for you to have someone who loves you the way you want and deserve to be loved, you must love yourself.
- White teeth matter. Your smile is everything. Make sure those teeth are white.
- Clear skin matters. The better your skin, the better your makeup appears
- Having a big butt isn’t everything. Just make sure your stomach is flat and you’re in shape, and you will be just fine.
- You don’t have to have the most expensive garments. But they do need to be clean, pressed, and fit you appropriately.
- Self Love Is The Best Love. And everyone can see when you love yourself.
- It is totally okay to outgrow people. Everyone cannot come with you.
- Treat people how you want to be treated.
- Keep people around you who will be honest with you at all times.
- Make sure you have someone in your life who genuinely loves you and wants you to win.
- It’s totally okay to make new friends and meet new people. Your network is your networth.
- When people do not like you, that’s not your problem. Let them waste their energy on you while you move forward on your journey of success. I mean, unless you’re just an awful person. Joking!
- Do what makes you happy. It’s totally okay to be showered with grace and blessings.
- Travel whenever you can. There is nothing like a fantastic adventure.
- Live within your means. “Too many people spend money they haven’t earned to buy things they don’t want to impress people that they don’t like.” –Will Rogers
- What’s meant for you will not miss you. What misses you isn’t meant for you.