Fun fact about me: One of the first things that I learned how to make was quiche. What I love about quiche is the base concept, which is quite simple: eggs, heavy cream, salt, and pepper. Then, whip it up, pour mixture into a pie crust, and you’re good to go. What makes a good quiche stand out are the freshness of eggs and the crust. There are several variations to quiche.
On this particular day, I decided to make a quiche using Handsome Brook Farm Eggs, spinach, ham, mushroom, bacon, and cheese. I chose Handsome Brook Farm Eggs because they are USDA certified organic and pasture-raised. When I am cooking for my family, I want to make sure that I use the freshest ingredients. This brand’s eggs have no pesticides, no hormones, no GMOs, and no antibiotics. A Handsome Brook Farm egg has the most beautifully colored yolks of a rich golden’y-orange color. You can experience Handsome Brook Farm eggs yourself. Click link to locate these amazing eggs near you: http://www.handsomebrookfarm.com/find-us/. Also, stay in the loop with all things Handsome Brook Farms Eggs: http://www.handsomebrookfarm.com
Of course my quiche creation was a hit! My family most definitely loved it. I am sure you will love the simplicity of this recipe and its delicious outcome.
Spinach, Bacon, Ham, Mushroom Quiche
Servings: 6/Cook Time: 1 hour
- 1 frozen pie crust deep dish
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1 medium yellow onion, finely diced
- 1/2 cup diced pancetta
- 4 Handsome Brook Farm Eggs
- 3/4 cup half and half
- 3/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 1/3 cup shredded mild cheddar
- 1/2 10oz box frozen chopped spinach, defrosted
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Cook pancetta and set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, add eggs, and half and half, and whisk to combine.
- Add salt, pepper, mushrooms, spinach, cheese, and pancetta. Stir to combine.
- Remove frozen pie crust from freezer and pour egg mixture to pie crust.
- Sprinkle top with remaining 1/3 cup shredded cheese and add ham.
- Bake quiche for 40-45 minutes, until top is golden brown.
- Remove from oven and let rest for five minutes or so.
- Cut and serve.